Follow me.......





Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Keep calm and FAT TUESDAY on......

Did someone say FAT?????
How  can I stay calm?
It's Fat Tuesday....
And, you know (if you've been reading my blog for any length of time), I do not like the word FAT.
It just makes me so.....well.....uncalm. 
There's just something so hideously awful about that word.
It must makes me quiver.  And shiver.  And stomp my feet.  And pound my fists.  And sometimes scream!

UNCALM.  

I am sure there is some deep rooted emotionally charged reason why I hate the word FAT.  
But, I am not dolling out any more money for psycho therapy just so I can figure it out.
Plus, I am pretty sure I have it figured out anyhow....I am quite excellent at self analysis you know...
In any case....there are only a few things like the word FAT that I hate and all  of them are so inconsequential to everyday life that they may only interfere with my world a few times a year.
By the way....two other inconsequential things that I hate are--The Wizard of Oz and any type of animation.  (yes, I hate the Wizard of Oz even though I love red sparkly shoes....)
Although I will admit that the word FAT usually has me seething...the other two things just have me running for the hills. 
Be that as it may....I find that I am not good at all with any type of discomfort.
And, the word FAT (and The Wizard of Oz and animation) gives me great discomfort.
It's just one of those things I thought I would share with you on this day dedicated to the word
FAT! 

And, here's another thing I thought I would share with you......a little something I had this past weekend.....oh it's so pretty and so yum.......a good way to take the discomfort off of this FAT TUESDAY.....
 

Purple Basil Gimlet
Two ounces Hendrick's Gin
Half ounce fresh lime juice
Half ounce simple syrup
Four to six leaves purple basil

Step One: Press purple basil leaves with simple syrup and fresh lime juice in a cocktail mixer.
Step Two: Add Hendrick's Gin and shake well.
Step Three: Strain up into a stemmed glass, garnish with a sprig of purple basil.









1 comment:

Jody V said...

I too hate the FAT word. But that being said it was my LAST FAT Tuesday!