Follow me.......





Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I am thankful for kids that need some extra help, dead batteries and drinking too much.....

Sometimes we are reminded that the little inconveniences in life are not inconvenient at all.....


Because of all of THIS.....
*My son the doctor decided about an hour before we were to leave that he wanted his dad to help him put together his new grill.  (Anyone who knows Carmen knows he doesn't like to have his schedule tampered with! )
*Carmen's car battery died just when he was pulling away from my son's house....2 hours late since he had to help our son the doctor put together his new grill.  (Just a little bit more unhappiness....)
*I had to follow my husband to where he was getting the new battery...for fear he might stall.  So, I didn't get on the road either--we were leaving my son's house...both of us planning to go in different directions....I was coming home, he was on to his next work destination.   (A bit more foot stomping...)
*Due to the late start, we decided that we would both head home...following each other.  Carmen readjusted his Monday schedule so he could travel Monday morning instead of late Sunday night. (Oh yeah, this was not a happy moment....)
*I drank two Starbucks while we waited over an hour for the new battery to be installed in Carmen's car.... thus needing to make a stop two hours into the trip home. (Just a wee bit more not-so-happy hubby....)

 WE ONLY HAD TO DEAL WITH THE TRAFFIC NIGHTMARE OF  THIS
If I would have got on the road when I was supposed to and stayed on the intended course......I would have been at that spot at that time of that accident....according to my GPS....

Yes, I know.....after reading my last few posts, you are wondering what the hell is happening in Judiland.
Has Judiland been cursed with shitfuckluck?
Some may say that.....
But,  I say that I am eternally thankful for everything...even the inconveniences (aka the shitfuckluck).
The situation evidenced above is just one example of why I am so thankful. 
Yes, we had to sit in non moving traffic for a few hours....because of this accident.  But, we were safe.
It's moments like this that make us stand up and take notice.
You see, we had no idea what was going on ahead of us.  All we knew was that we were stuck in traffic....with a million trucks idling around us.  We kept calling each other to chat but even that lost it's appeal after the first 90 minutes....because all we did was bitch and moan!
Once we got word there was a fatal accident......our feelings of gratitude began to sink in.  So, we sat back and listened to good rock and roll and sent each other goofy texts.  And, we made plans to stop at our favorite place (once we did get home) for a martini and a crab cake....a rarity on a Sunday night in Judiland, indeed.    All was right with our world....
My late night Mothers' Day martini and crab cake at The Walnut.  Oh yum!


AND.....

Because we had the car issues (that were documented here.), I was able to spend a lovely Mothers' Day weekend with my son in his lovely little town.....
A lovely lunch....crustless margarita pizza with a glass of Malbec....perfecto!

My grand dog Bandit coming back from his spa day....all relaxed and handsome!

My son and I in his backyard.....

Starbucks...near University of Dayton.  Can you believe my chai is 50 cent cheaper there?  

Carmen and I.......relaxing at a little place near my son's home....

Carmen and I sending a CYBER-TOAST to Toni...who was at college studying for finals!

Oh, and yeah....before I forget.....in weight-related news.......my son has this uber techy scale that hooks up to the internet.   Of course, I thought it was just a scale.  But, unbeknownst to me, it somehow tracks weight on some online site or something. 
Sorry I don't know all the details.
Well, except I do know one detail......I LOST 10 POUNDS SINCE I LAST HOPPED ON THAT SCALE IN JANUARY.

Okay then.
Off to spend my last few days as a emptynester.
Did I mention that my daughter is graduating from college on Saturday?

Fingers crossed for an uneventful week.....and a few martinis.  





2 comments:

~Miss Lorie~ said...

Tender mercies! It is so great the pride you take in your children and being involved in their lives! They are pretty lucky to have a mom like you!
Congrats on the 10 pound loss! Good things happen while you are busy having fun!

Barbara said...

Wow, isnt it strange how things work out in the end. Glad you are both safe, enjoyed the pictures, you all had smiles :) and how about dropping 10 lbs.. great news all around.. and remind hubby.. dont sweat the small stuff..