Follow me.......





Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day! May Day!

The COOKIE MONSTER is after me!!!


Yesterday, I hosted a meeting that had the possibility of being a little bit painful or perhaps a tad bid uncomfortable. 
In preparation for those possibilities, I decided it was best to feed the participants something sweet.....like cookies!  Everyone loves cookies!
I figured that if someone got a little grumpy, I'd shove cookies in front of them.
And, if someone got a little out of hand with me, I'd remind them that I brought cookies.  
It sounded like a swell idea.  Especially for a Monday morning meeting that might be a little tenuous. 
Ingenious! Right?
With my plan firmly in place, I swung by Trader Joe's on my way to work to stock up on my favorite Trader Joe's cookies--Oatmeal Cranberry Dunkers, Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Minis and Vanilla  Meringues.
Yummy! Yummy! And, more yummy!!!
Give them the yummiest cookies and insure a good meeting! 
What a perfect plan.  Right?
As it turned out---I was wrong on all counts.
Everyone was perfectly lovely and the meeting went off without a hitch.
And, no one was hungry for cookies.
Everyone was smiley and agreeable......even without eating cookies. 
Imagine that?
 I was left with three mostly full containers of my favorite cookies. 
So, I dragged them back to my office, set them on my conference table and went about with my work.
But, you see....my computer got a little crazy and started doing bizarro things.
I couldn't get to my files.  My cursor was going nuts.  And, our tech person was nowhere in sight.
And, I had work to do.
At the height of my frustration, those cute little Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Minis started to be very noisy.  Calling me.  Telling me that if I ate them, things would be better. 
Who am I to fight with cookies?
20-some Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Minis and 2 Vanilla Meringues later, my computer issues remained and I was feeling not-so-good. 
Not so good at all.

Fast forward to this morning......my group is doing a presentation at a staff meeting.
So, I figure.....I can unload those cookies on my unsuspecting office mates. 
My office mates love cookies. 
They don't have to know they are saving me from the evil grip of the cookie monster that's chasing me.  Right?
And, if our presentation is boring.....the cookies will help. Right?
But, what if I'm wrong again?
What if our presentation is so damn thrilling that they are so mesmerized by it that they don't even realize the cookies are there?
It's a possibility.  Right?
What if they are all warding off cookies since bathing suit season is almost upon us?
You just never know.  Right?
Or, how about if they figure out my manipulative plan that is disguised as Judi being nice feeding us cookies?
It could very well happen.  Right?
Will I spend another day fighting the evil Cookie Monster?
I should just go back to bed. 
The Cookie Monster won't find me there. 
Right?
 

 Happy May!
The Cookie Monster must die.
Right?


1 comment:

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

hahahahahahaha! thx for the laugh!