Follow me.......





Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today calls for a visit to the Mind Spa.......


...no facials, no body wraps, no manis and pedis.....it's all about finding harmony in your rock and roll, happiness in your every thought, peace within your home and workplace, energy to do what you want to do and the physcial beauty you deserve....through living, loving and laughing.


When I yanked myself out of bed this morning, I knew I could not spend another day agonizing over whether I have a touch of the flu, I need more sleep, I need less stress or if I really do have a raging case of "the change". I'm extremely impatient with feeling lousy, down or miserable. I don't like it at all. No, not at all. I mean, one or two days--okay. But, beyond that--not a Judi thing. It plays havoc with my overall look. And, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it causes wrinkles, gray hair and bunions. So, for those reasons (and many more), I'm completely into denying I'm feeling this way and I wholeheatedly subscribe to the belief that, with a little work and creativity, we can coax ourselves out of any poor state. So, I figured I'd take a little break from my menopausal whining and hormonal combat and revive myself with good things. Because we all know there are good things. Yes, even when you're having night sweats.

Anticipation...is making me wait, is keeping me waiting

I love gifts...I mean, what girl worth her shoes doesn't? New things are fun. No matter what it is--a bauble or a dish or a plant or a hat or a pair of fancy socks...receiving them are delightful. Imagining myself wearing it or using it is even more fun. I love gifts in boxes wrapped in pretty paper or stuffed into fancy little bags with all the trimmings--the bows, the ribbons, the tags. Knowing that I'll have many more of these things in my lifetime makes me happy. Waiting for them is so worth it. In fact, waiting for anything to come...especially the little surprises along the way...feeds me in more ways than I can count. Just knowing that there will be friends at my door holding a gift in their hands, a loved one who will give me an unexpected surprise and many many moments in time when I will be overcome with happiness because of them all--feeds my heart with joy. Thoughts of gifts to come wipes out any woe-is-me thinking. Thoughts of all the good things to come in life...whether they are wrapped in ribbons and bows or not...completely obliterates all bad thoughts. In other words....why be Negative Nelly when there's so much to look forward to, so much to wait for?

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On......Dream until your dream comes true

With all the politico mumbo jumbo that's been going on lately along with the gloom and doom sprewing out of our TV sets, it gets tough to imagine anything good happening in the here and now. It's true--government, leadership and life itself costs something. But, it doesn't have to cost everything. We have our dreams. They are free. They haven't taxed them nor can they turn them into fodder for their agendas. The little dreams---like being a perfect size 12--to the big dreams--like being a perfect size 12--are ours to keep to ourselves or share with someone else. Whether I dream of going on wild adventures as a perfect size 12 or just dream of all the fancy size 12 holiday outfits I could wear...they are mine. I can sit and dream all day long....if I want to. Judi frolicking on the beach, Judi shopping in Volant, Judi walking into a big fancy party, Judi being crowned the Lapband Queen, Judi drinking wine from a pretty goblet sitting across from a dear friend, Judi visiting an Italian shoe store, Judi watching Toni graduate from high school, Judi going on a romantic getaway with Carmen, Judi watching Vince get hooded when he gets his PhD, Judi serving Christmas dinner with her adoring family seated around a beautifully set table.....as a perfect size 12.... Yes, those dreams can make even a shitfuck day not so shitfuck......

Show a little faith, there's magic in the night.....

And then there's the big mama of them all---FAITH. I'm not talking about hope. I'm talking about faith--real faith in life and the goodness of it. I'm talking about believing in the idea that life is good and won't screw you. That is what trumps it all. As long as I can hold on to my feverent and everlasting faith that the world is good, life is supposed to be good and all good things will come my way then I know that I can overcome anything at all. Anything. No matter how many night sweats I have as long as I know that the morning is on it's way and the sun will shine, then all is well.


Now, it's time for that pedicure.....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh yeah, sign me up for that mind spa too. LOL I need it, badly. Hope you feel better today.