Follow me.......





Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Embracing my inner hungry girl.......


"I'll have whatever she's having....."



There are times when we are just hungry for gumption and toughness and fortitude and yes....bitchiness...

Some days we need inspiration from higher beings, been-there-done-that types of folks and all those people who just don't give a shit and tell it like it is. Nourishment comes in many forms--the food we eat, the wine (or the gin!) we drink and the inspiration we devour.

In my everyday life, as I walk and talk amongst the masses, I subscribe to the belief that all people are worthy and their time is valuable. I make it a point to work hard at making sure that the people I come in contact with get the best ME. I like to smile, I like to acknowledge others and I really do expect that people will reciprocate. It's just how I'm programmed. Take it or leave it. Although I'd rather people take it. Just as I truly believe....in my heart of hearts...that accepting others for who they are is what everyone should do, I also understand that not everyone is like that. And, that's okay. It's like this circle....if I believe in accepting others as they are, I have to accept that others will not wrap their heart and arms around the same things that I think are important. Nevertheless, I try very hard to do my part in making the people around me feel like they mean something....not just to me but to the world at large. Sappy? Maybe. But, that's what I do....when I'm walking and talking amongst the masses. And, then there's the things that I do in my secret, bad-girl day dreams....when I'm feeling kind of skiddish or hurt or agitated or just in one of those moods.
It's then that I hunger for gutsy inspiration---not the touchy, feely, feel-good type of stuff. So, for those times when my hunger quotient is way up there, I reach for my breakfast of champions....
Here's a few morsels of gut food that I'm going to chomp on this morning. I keep these little goodies around my desk, in my purse, inside my kitchen cabinets, on my fridge. They are all calorie free but laden with moxy. They feed me when I need a little taste of attitude and a big helping sass....

-I cannot give you the formula for success. But, I can give you the formula for failure---which is: Try to please everybody.
-I don't edit myself, I say what I feel like saying even with it's the wrong thing. Sometimes I beat myself up for it, but you just have to let it go. Because if you aren't present, you're going to miss something good.
-If you bend over backwards to get or keep a relationship with someone, you're going to have a backache for the rest of your life.
-If we're not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn't settle for junk food. And visa versa.
-Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.
-There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.
-May those who love us love us and those that don't love us, may God turn their hearts. If He can't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping.
-She knew she had a big fat ass, and her attitude was kiss it!
-Who invited all these tacky people?
-Be nice or leave
-How about a nice big cup of shut the hell up...think before you say something stupid.
-I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day....tomorrow is not looking good either.
-If you can't be kind, have the decency to be vague
-If it doesn't concern you, don't mess with it
-If you must undress me with your eyes please fold my clothes neatly
-As much as I try to be an easygoing, stretch your wings and fly type...I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind
-There comes a time in the day that no matter what the question...the answer is wine

Okay, I'm almost full. I think I'll pack the rest for lunch.

Now, it's your turn.....Any suggestions for dinner?





So, did you watch the debate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a Good Morning to you Judi!! love,love,love your little sayings!! and I agree with them!!
thanks for the little chuckle, it was well needed.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!
have a great hump day!!

Jill (aka jbean)

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

I have two:
One my mom told me day in and day out.
"When you point the finger at someone else, there are three pointed back to you."
And since we're on the countdown to election day.
"The moral right is neither moral nor right"
(Maybe they should take the advice of my mother)

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Yes, it's a real picture from this website.

http://punditkitchen.com/

They invite people to put captions on AP photographs.
Some are hysterical.

Daffodil Hill said...

Thank you for that beautiful passage you posted at my blog! It is absolutely perfect, especially for this day! No doubt it really IS a message from Heaven. {{hugs}}