Follow me.......





Friday, October 10, 2008

On the road again.....oh how great it is to be on the road again.....;-)



It's another adventure in college shopping. But, we also have a few more items on our shopping list this time. A homecoming dress, shoes and all the trimmings. So, it will be a little of this, a little of that. In the end, it will be an all-about- Toni weekend. But, you know I don't mind. Savouring this final year with Toni before she goes off to college is my top priority from now until it's over. Everyone will probably get sick of hearing about it by the time I ship her off to her college of choice. It's just that it's all new to me. I mean, I've only been doing this having a daughter thing for 17 years. And, I'm having so much fun and enjoying it so much....I really don't want it to end. Oh, I know....it won't really end. It will just change. And, change is good. I know. I know. There will be drives up to see her at school, weekend visits home, holidays and breaks. And, I know we'll make the most of all of that. I promise you, I won't be one of those moms who will hang out on the steps of her dorm and I won't be whining 24/7 that I miss her. There will be new issues and new things that will take over my time and my mind. I know that. When one thing ends, something new always swoops in to take it's place. That's how life is. But, for now....this is my life. College shopping. Homecoming dress shopping. Shoe shopping. And Toni.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I am a fellow LapBand sister and I enjoy reading your blog. Good luck with the shopping trip.

Jody V said...

Have a great trip Judi and Toni!!

Jody

Eileen, Founder, Organizer, Mayor and Chief Cook And Bottle Washer of the Anger Management Girls. said...

Have a great weekend with your two favorite things--your daughter and shopping!!
What more could a girl want.
Life is good.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=370743&altf=Fjmffo&altl=E2Bnjdp