Follow me.......





Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Perfect Day......


That's what I hope for each morning. But, I settle for less. I'm not much for perfection anyhow. But, it's nice when it happens. Be the perfect mom. The perfect wife. The perfect daughter. The perfect sister. The perfect friend. Say the perfect words. Do the perfect things. Wear the perfect shoes. Make the perfect dinner. Serve the perfect wine. Whip up the perfect mug of chai latte. Even if you're not into perfection---it feels good. It always has. From your first "A" on your report card to your perfect manicure---we have it figured out. It's nice to get it right. It's a fun little high. We might not admit it but it's what we shoot for. Even if we will settle for less. Like me. But, today, I'm going to be very deliberate about perfection. Sort of like a little experiment. I'm going to shoot for the perfect version of me. I am going to work really hard at it. Really, really hard. Then, at the end of the day, I'm going to see if I like it. I'll be sure to report back.

P.S. I'm very nervous about this. But, they say....do one thing each day that scares you. I'm scared. (I think this is a good start.....doing something "they say" to do....)

No comments: