Follow me.......





Sunday, April 20, 2008

I AM WHAT I EAT..........

I ate potato chips. With dip. Right there. At my nephew's birthday party. No one force fed me. Even though Italians have a reputation for doing so...not in this case. Perhaps Italians just force feed meatballs and ravioli and draw the line at potato chips. I don't know. All I can say is---I did this all on my own. As a matter of fact, I reached in front of my very Italian mother-in-law and pulled the bowl closer to me. No, no.....I didn't grab them away from her as she ate them! She didn't have to wrestle the bowl away from me. But, she didn't shove them in my mouth either. And, my gracious and lovely sister-in-law---who ferociously believes that everyone likes a little salt after eating something sweet and blesses every birthday cake she's ever came close to with a knife---didn't demand that I eat them or threaten my life with said knife if I didn't eat them. She didn't move them closer to me in retaliation for never been mentioned in my blog. She has more class than that. But.....potato chips? With dip? Right there? At my nephew's birthday party? No one gasped. My Lapband didn't have convulsions. Nothing crazy happened. Except.....I ate potato chips. With dip. Right there. At my nephew's birthday party.

No comments: