Follow me.......





Thursday, August 9, 2007

What song will play?

Ever since I was a little girl, I considered life to be like a movie. Maybe that's why I'm always intrigued by my connection to the world and why I'm constantly fascinated by the ordinary stories that play out each and everyday around me. I remember often wondering if anyone was watching my movie....you know, the one where I am the star.....my life. And, if so, what song would play during the big moments ? If I were scripting it.....which I'm pretty sure I'm not (if I were, I assure you I would not HAVE to get lapband surgery!)....but, if I were.....I would have complete artistic and story control. So, I'd give a great deal of thought to what music should be playing as I'm receiving my Nobel Prize, or my Academy Award (or both) . It would have to be the perfect song to capture the importance of the moment. It would have to be one that would stay with my viewers forever. Sort of like the scene from "Almost Famous".....in the bus.....when they sing "Tiny Dancer". Total genius. Sweet staying power. Too perfect.
I'm not sure who IS scripting my life. But, when it comes to picking out songs that play during big moments....I am pretty sure it's WDVE. Take tonight for example.....as I was driving home from my sister's, I found myself becoming quite emotional. I was thinking about what I was about to do. In one way, I was mourning the loss of what I have come to live with for many years....the stomach that seems to arrive before I do, the big plate of pasta, handfuls of popcorn at the movies, Diet Coke, straws, a candy bar if I want one, Friday night Happy Hours eating bar food, shopping for bigger sizes, etc. I found myself becoming frightened. I wondered about all the changes. It was the great unknown. I'm not good with the unknown. As I sat at a red light, looking out into the dark and dreary night, Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" began to play on the radio. I know every word....as I do most songs. Can't sing a note but I know all the words. But, I NEVER knew that song was written for this moment in my life! It must have been a long red light because I belted out that song like my life depended on it. "Landslide" is not a song I would have chosen for that moment. But, those people at DVE knew what they are doing!!! If you haven't listened to it lately....maybe you should. Then, you tell me if Stevie wasn't singing for me. "Landslide", Lapband....not sure if there' s any connection. But, it sure feels like it belongs right here, right now, during this big moment in my life. So, I'm sending this out to all you viewers out there........http://www.last.fm/music/Fleetwood+Mac/_/Landslide

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, Ive been afraid of changing
cause Ive built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
Im getting older too



No comments: