Follow me.......





Sunday, February 3, 2013

Something SUPER for your BOWL!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's SUPERBOWL Sunday.
No big deal.   
This is Steeler Nation.   Enough said.  

Since there ain't gonna be a party in Judiland, I am going to treat myself to a SUPER special day by meeting up with my oldest and dearest friend for a little chai latte, a little retail therapy and a little dining at a  new-to-us restaurant .  
Before I kick off my day....I wanted to share what will be cooking at my house on this cold and snowy SUPER BOWL SUNDAY.  Even though it's not a celebration day here in Judiland, I am making this today so my  football-lovin', remote-obsessed hubby has something to eat while I'm doing my thing and he's doing his (sitting in his recliner with his remote watching the NFL Channel all day and then the Super Bowl all night).   I'm taking a loaf of crusty Italian bread out of the freezer so he has something to sop up all the saucey goodness in the bottom of  his BOWL......
Fingers crossed that  I have some leftovers for me to eat on Monday! 

Cioppino 

SERVES 4–6

INGREDIENTS

¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups fish stock
1 ½ cups whole peeled tomatoes in juice, crushed
10 leaves basil
1 lb. cod, cut into 2″ chunks
1 lb. cleaned calamari, bodies cut into ½″-wide rings
12 oz. medium shrimp, deveined
12 oz. bay scallops
16 clams, cleaned
16 mussels, cleaned
2 2-lb. Dungeness crabs or snow crab legs, halved
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat oil in an 8-qt. Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chile flakes and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add stock, tomatoes, and basil; boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Add cod, calamari, shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, and crabs, cover with lid, and cook until seafood is cooked through, about 8 minutes; season with salt and pepper.

 

DISCLAIMER: Even though this recipe hails from an amazing little bistro in San Francisco...that doesn't mean  I'm rooting for the 49ers!  I just have a freezer filled with all of the seafoods needed in this recipe and every other ingredient needed(remember-- I'm doing the Pantry Challenge).

  

GO TEAM!!!!  

 

 

I hope the team YOU are rooting for wins!  But, be prepared if they don't by doubling this recipe so you can at least look forward to leftovers!!!  

 

 

No comments: