Follow me.......





Thursday, February 28, 2013

Preparing for GREEN living.....

Bring on my March Madness! 

Only 17 days to get St. Patrick's Day-READY! 





It is very hard to believe that March is so on our doorstep that we can feel it...... 
For me, that means that the Christmas holidays are a distant memory, Valentine's Day and all the romantic hoopla (or nonhoopla) is over and  there's a green party in the very near future!
For anyone who knows me or  has read my blog for any length of time knows that I get FULLY IMMERSED into the St. Patrick's Day spirit. 
 I do the parade stuff, the Irish bands, the Irish sing-alongs, the green hair...... yes, I do it all.
It's as much of a tradition that dates back to my childhood as it is a huge release for me.
The holiday is not a lot of work for me entertaining-wise, I'm not planning menus or cooking (Irish cooking is not a big thing!), I don't have to buy gifts or make any special plans....it's just a day to do the things that bring me pleasure that one day of the year.  
I have a pack of friends who woop it up with me on parade day and then I have a group of dear St. Patrick's Day friends that I only see on parade day.  We've been doing the same routine for years---going to the same bars, eating at the same places, seeing the same bands.  
As much as it is a helluva good time, there's also something very comforting about it all.  
When March arrives, my mind turns to all things GREEN.....(well, not green beer....ugh!)....
It's as if a great sense of relief comes over me. 
I take a huge deep breath.  
My version of living GREEN.....





2 comments:

Debbie said...

and don't forget you have a new green bracelet this year !!!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I love how you celebrate life! You are an inspiration to me! I need to celebrate more.