Follow me.......





Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mid-week, mid-winter, mid-life.....

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL _____________________!!!!! 
(fill in the blank)

How many times have you said or thought....I can't wait until the weekend, the summer, my vacation, my birthday, when I can retire, etc.....?????
Come on, admit it.....we all look forward to things and get excited about things and look forward to special times and milestones or we just can't wait for a time to relax and take it easy or see the sunshine....   
Then, there are times we even have those thoughts or utter those words because we just want to get past the moment or the day or the week that we are currently in....

The reality of any of that thinking is that we are wishing away time.  
We all do it.  Please say you do it too. 
Living in the moment is sometimes awfully hard.  
Especially when you are having one of those weeks that just drain the life out of you.
I try.  I really do.  I try NOT to wish away time.  
I try.  I really do.  I try to live in the moment. 
But, sometimes the moment is just too damn complicated to live in!
Looking toward the future is much easier!
That is the way I am feeling today.
Yesterday was just one issue after the other being hurled in my path.
If it wasn't a pesky work issue, it was the annoyance of dealing with the perils of my sorority girl while trying to juggle those work issues or the snafus with my husband's travel schedule while trying to figure out what-the-hell-to-do-about-that-other-thing-we-are-committed-to or the fact that I somehow didn't believe that hotels would fill up a year ahead of time for the weekend of my sorority girl's graduation so now we might have to stay in some podunk town in some podunk hotel about 30 miles away and everyone is upset..
Add that to my inability to say NO to anyone who asks for something from me  plus my normal dealings with too much work at work, my father's needs and everything else that needs to happen in the course of living life in Judiland AND I just wanted to pull the covers over my head today and sleep straight through to the weekend.....
But, I tried telling myself that if I did that, I might just miss something BIG, something so AMAZING and WONDERFUL that it would change my ENTIRE life.....
So, I threw off the covers and yanked my body out of bed and trotted down to make a cup of tea and do a blog posting......
Optimism is a trait that I don't want to ever lose no matter how impossible life seems....
 

Perhaps something will happen today that will CHANGE MY LIFE.....
Now I'm starting to panic.
DO I REALLY WANT MY LIFE TO CHANGE?

Oh the perils of being an optimist!  













2 comments:

Jody V said...

I have done the exact same thing! I hope things have calmed down! Maybe a new shade of lip gloss will ease the pain!

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I spend way too much time on the "I can't wait till...." I need to live in the moment more. Live this day and stop stressing so much!