Follow me.......





Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I am HUNGRY!

What's the deal with that?

AMAZING Eggplant Caprese I had at a wonderful little wine bistro on my secret mission this past weekend!


I'm not sure if it's the approaching cold weather that's messing with me but lately or the non stop treadmill that has been my life for the past few weeks but DAMN,  I am HUNGRY.
As in....I could eat 1 pound of pasta hungry....
The funny thing is that as HUNGRY as I am.....when I finally do sit down to eat something, I still have decent restriction in my band so I can't really eat 1 pound of pasta!  That's the good news.
The bad news is that I am spending a whole lot of mental energy thinking about being hungry and wondering what I should eat.  And, the next piece of bad news is that I am wasting a hell of a lot of money on thinking I could eat a boat load of food.  
The past few weeks have been a real whirlwind of activity and stress and non stop goings on.
It hasn't been bad stuff but it's been enough stuff to keep me completely occupied and running about morning, noon and night. 
With all of that comes lots of eating out at restaurants or depending on my son the doctor to cook meals.  What that means is that I've been ordering off of menus or eating the fab gourmet foods that my son whips together.   What that also means is that I'm wasting entirely too much good and pricey food.....
Case in point---this past Friday night, we had a pre-secret-mission celebratory dinner at one our favorite casual-type restaurants.  This particular place is about a one hour drive from my office---which gave me a lot of time to think about being hungry.    As we sat at the bar having our pre-dinner cocktail, the beautiful smells of the wonderful food just overtook me.  I was hungrier than ever, ever, ever. 
My hunger combined with my Hendrick's martini "looseness" provided the perfect storm for me to order the special of the day......Talapia Piccata with roasted asparagus and lemon risotto served with an autumn salad and peppered cornbread.  And, a glass of Frenzy Sauvignon Blanc.  Carmen and Vince both questioned my choice---ever since I got my lapband, I NEVER order an entire meal....ever.  But, I was adamant (and possibly a little bit tipsy).....I was STARVING! 
 I was not going to be a cheap date tonight boys!
No, instead, I was a wasteful date.  

The hungrier-than-ever trend continued the entire weekend and well into yesterday.
Perhaps all of the secret things going on here in Judiland have me secretly wanting to EAT!




No comments: