Follow me.......





Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And so that was summer.......

I guess I'll have to wait until next year to wear that bikini......

 Ask anyone and they will probably tell you that summer was over a few weeks ago.
Schools open up, labor day comes, football starts and just like that.....it's over. 

Calendar-wise, summer is not over!
We are in the final hours of summer.
According to the calendar, that is. 
But, can't you just feel that it's over?  
Come Saturday, summer will  really be OVER.
The calendar will even confirm it.  
Summer will be in the rear view mirror and Autumn will be in our laps.
This past weekend, on our secret mission road trip, I could feel that we were on the cusp of the seasons changing.....the trees were not as vibrant green as they were earlier in the season and many of the tree tops were tinged in their autumn colors.
As much as I adore this time of year, seeing and feeling the season change as we traveled the roads on our secret mission was bittersweet.
For my secret mission was part of a wonderous journey that started almost 27 years ago.
Yes, that's a hint....
 
Summer fades each year and autumn takes it's place.
The cycle of life.
Summer turns to Fall.
Children grow and leave their mothers.
The calendar agrees this time.



1 comment:

speck said...

Hell I'm to blond to figure it out. lol

Yes, summer is over. It's starting to get cool enough here to open the windows and doors. I love that about fall. And football!

I'm trying to remember where you are from to know your teams! I'll give you a hint about where I'm from.

Go Falcons...Go Dawgs!!! oh and Braves!