Follow me.......





Sunday, June 20, 2010

Honor they Father.......

everyday in every way......


We're celebrating Fathers' Day here in Judiland.
Carmen got his favorite bottle of Scotch.
My dad is getting lots of treats.
Cookies. Candies. Nuts. Chips. Pretzels.

My sisters and their families are coming.
But, Vince could not make it home.
I'm cooking up Carmen's favorite meal......hamburgers on the grill.
Yes, he tells me he'd rather have a hamburger than a steak.
So, hamburgers it is.
Since my father's favorite food is---everything---he'll be happy too.
And, just because I'm grilling--I am going to throw on some hot dogs, some seasoned chicken, some chili lime shrimp and some marinated veggies---portabella mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, vadalia onions and zucchini. Yum.
I'll whip up a few salads and make a few dips for chips and raw veggies.
A simple Fathers' Day feast for some fathers who are not that simple at all.
And, because they are not that simple at all.....I'm making myself a big batch of pineapple margaritas.
Of course, I'll share them......


Pineapple Margaritas
1 bottle Williams Sonoma Pineapple Margarita Mix (32 ounces)
2 1/2 cups white tequila
1/2 cup triple sec
1/2 cup pineapple juice
juice of 3 limes
pineapple rings and lime wedges for garnish

~Serve over ice~


Please share a memory of your father in the comment section.....

2 comments:

-Grace- said...

I must try that margarita recipe this summer! Yum!

Debbie said...

When I think of my Dad, I see him sitting in the living room reading his airplane magazines/books...