Follow me.......





Sunday, December 2, 2007

Go ahead, ask me what was on the menu..........

The holiday parties have officially began! Last night, we kicked off the season with a lovely open house/housewarming/Christmas party hosted by one of my favorite people--a dear, sweet friend who is probably the most delightful person I know! As always, the decor and the ambiance was amazing. She is one class act with impeccable taste! The woman has style oozing from every pore in her body. When I'm with her, I just can't stop smiling. So, last night, I smiled a lot! And, I oohed and aahed a lot too---marveling at her new home, her fabulous decor and all the special little touches that only she can pull off. For instance, she had the neatest metal stars with battery operated flicker candles strewn about the deck outside her french doors. When you looked outside, it was so tranquil and magical. And, she had the tiniest twinkle lights scattered under the sheer fabrics that were casually covering her tables and buffets. With the lights turned low, the rooms were dazzling. Non-complicated, charming flourishes that were elegant in their simplicity. Then there were the unexpected surprises.....like fancy little snow people sitting in corners and darling little trees perched on window sills. A roaring fire, a spectacularly dressed tree, jazzy holiday tunes, hand painted wine goblets, festive china, lacey linens and flickering candles. A night watching a friend who so deserves to live happily ever after in a castle live happily ever after in a castle. I could not imagine a better way to usher in December and the holiday season........

Oh, and what was on the menu----you ask? Lots and lots of joy. In fact, I was drunk and overstuffed with it.
It was a good feeling. Me in my red holiday skirt knowing that it won't be too tight when I usher December out. Like I said.....JOY. Delicious, filling and oh so LapBand friendly!!!





ONLY 23 Days MORE JOY FILLED DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments: