Follow me.......





Thursday, December 27, 2007

Death by Cookies.........

Chocolate Chips. Chocolate Kiss Cookies. Chocolate Biscotti. Honestly, if I was going to choose a way to die, it would not be by way of cookies. Pasta, crab, eggplant, wine or gin---definitely. Cookies--not a chance. So, how is it that last night I found myself delirious--on the verge of being comatose, wracked with pain and shaking with chills following a cookie eating episode? Cookies? If I was going to overindulge in anything at all---why would I choose cookies? Okay, okay.....I can understand the biscotti. My sister and brother-in-law bake a top notch biscotti. But---the chocolate chips and chocolate kiss cookies that I had a hand in baking? I can't think of a good reason to eat more than one of those in a season! But, there I was......eating cookies. Cookies, of all things. One cookie. Two cookies. Ten cookies. Twenty cookies. I have no idea how many. I just ate them. Shoved them in my mouth. Pushed them down my throat. Yes, I attacked my lapband.....with cookies. I mean, I made it all the way to December 26 treating my lapband with the love and care it so rightfully deserves. I got through parties and happy hours and cocktail parties and dinners and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And, then, bang----cookies. Sidelined by cookies. Shoved on the couch at 7 pm by cookies. Stabbed through the chest, punched in the stomach, banged over the head, and completely overtaken by---yes.....COOKIES. And, this morning? Hungover. A cookie hangover. Everything hurts. Sweating. Chilled. Done in by cookies. Of all things......COOKIES.

No comments: