Follow me.......





Saturday, January 8, 2011

1 down, 51 to go.......

in 2011......


I'll bet you were all wondering what I was up to yesterday.
Or not.
Well, just in case you stopped by only to find that I never showed up....my apologies.
I couldn't tell you what happened to my morning yesterday.
I'm going to blame it on the Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark.
OMG....have you ever tasted that stuff?
You see, very late on Thursday night, after returning from Martini night, I had this WS Peppermint Bark attack.
So, there I was---cleaning the kitchen (yes, friends, my life is so glamorous that I clean the kitchen after 2 martinis) and it came over me. Need. Peppermint. Bark.
After 2 martinis, a girl can't control her urges.
Especially a girl who is cleaning the kitchen at 11 pm on a Thursday night.
Luckily, I had a brand spanking new tin of the stuff sitting right on my dining room table.
I got it half off after Christmas....had to have it....especially since the regular priced one had been devoured even before Christmas Day.
So, anyway, after eating close to half the tin, doing the dishes that my 2 adult children had kindly left for me, scrubbing the floor and cleaning the fronts of all of the cabinets, I called it a day.
But, the Peppermint Bark had other ideas.
Nestled snuggly in my bed, I tried to sleep.
Yet, my sugar-riddled body wasn't up for that activity.
My mind was saying yes, my body was saying no.
And so, my night of tossing and turning began.
1:00 am. 1:06 am, 1:41 am, 2:04 am, 2:26 am, 2:52 am, 3:04 am, 3:19 am.......
Not even the martinis were helping to lull me to sleep.
When the darkness of 4:45 am came, I was finally asleep.
But my alarm didn't care.
It was Friday. My day was calling.
A day-long meeting day.
I needed just a little more sleep.
I knew my blog readers wouldn't mind.
I just couldn't go to those meetings with dark circles under my eyes, now could I?






2 comments:

Kathy said...

Nope, I don't mind a bit. Glad you got your much needed sleep. And you are the bomb!! Cleaning your kitchen after 2 martinis?? Have a great weekend!!

Joanne said...

Hey Judi....
You are my hero being a martini drinking lapbanded Martha Stewart!
Thanks for all the help with my holidays!
If it were not for you I would not be getting my band in 2011!
You are the best!
Joanne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!