Follow me.......





Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kids' day......

That's what today is all about.


I have chucked my working mom persona for the next two days and I'm playing at-home-mom to my adult children.
So, the first thing I have to do is a little cleaning up......since that's what at-home-moms have to do when they have kids at home.
As my dear cherubs peacefully slumber without a care in the world, I have to banish the remnants of their inhabitance and their messiness and their carelessness and their devil-may-care lifestyles....
There's dishes and books and papers and pillows and shoes flung about the house.
What lovely sights to see.....through my rose colored glasses.....
Check in on me a little later to see if I'm wearing blinders....

Once the house comes alive with their fitful stirrings and melodic voices......it's time for mom's famous French toast and hot chocolate.

After that, the chaos will begin.
Oh, I just love the sounds of that chaos.
As I sit here in my serene and quiet house.....I imagine that it will be music to my ears.
Check in on me later today to see if I'm rocking to the beat of the music or trying desperately to turn down the volume!

1 comment:

Lap Band Groupie said...

Hi Judi!! So glad to find you...again (I found your blog a long time ago when I was first researching on LBT and it was such an inspiration for me). I just moved my little bloggy over here in January and I'm loving the blogs and the support here (and the ability to now follow these great blogs like yours!). We have a lot in common (my DD graduated from IUP last spring, DS1 is now at Penn State working on a 'computer' degree...he moved from engineering to IT, we'll see if it sticks...Freshman figuring it out LOL). I'm just north of Pittsburgh! Can't wait to finish catching up here! Thanks for following! -BG