Follow me.......





Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm taking a mini blogvacation........

my son, the almost-doctor says it's time......

My son...the Almost-Computer-Doctor...says it's time to ditch my trusty IBM APTIVA (circa 1999).
I can't believe my own son is saying this.
This computer is older than all of his fancy degrees from those big time schools.
THIS COMPUTER is a member of our family....

It seems like only yesterday when it arrived on our door step.....a surprise Christmas gift for the kids. The most-up-to-date computer in all the land!
It entered our life on December 14, 1999.
From that day forward---this computer changed our lives.
I remember that date so well.
It was the same day that the pizza delivery man rammed into my red mini van.

My Almost-Computer-Doctor comes home from PhdLand for Spring Break....and THIS is what happens?
Yes, I guess so.

Stay tuned dear blog friends........looks like I'll be blogging from a new computer very soon!

I'm getting oh so weepy.....this is officially my last posting on this computer......
Hide the Girl Scout cookies!






2 comments:

Kathy said...

1999??? Wow, that's practically an antique!!! You won't believe how fast a new computer will be. Have fun shopping for it. And enjoy those kids being home....



ps hide the Girl Scout cookies from your Mom kids!!

Debbie said...

What were you wearing ????