Follow me.......





Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Good Morning July!

My beautiful city...through the lens of the talented Pittsburgh photog David DiCello
July is one of my favorite months.
And, it's not like it's even my birthday month.....
But, it does happen to be the birthday month of some of my favorite people....my daughter included.
And, it happens to be the month that I finally got together with my favorite neighborhood boy....the guitar strumming engineer...way back in the '70's!.......
And, July is the month I got engaged to that neighborhood boy...way back in the '80's....
And, I've always loved The 4th of July.....which I suppose could be traced back to all of the excitement of anticipating the festivities and possibly winning the big car drawing in the little town where I grew up....
And, let's not forget that I just love the color RED.....and I think it looks so great with WHITE AND BLUE..... 

Sometimes it's the little things that are really the BIG THINGS.......because they are the memories that stay with us forever.....
My forever friend Debbie (a July birthday girl!) standing in my walkway at my house on the little street where I grew up....way back in the early '70's!

Kicking off 4th of July in the little town where I grew up....way, way back.....in the 60's!  


 


A hometown treat....walk up-street to Isaly's on a hot July day!

July 4th meant Cracker Jack in my hometown!

A hot July afternoon after a full ay at the pool and 15 cents in your pocket meant a SNOW KONE for the walk home...up all those hills! 
Here's to lots of  JULY MEMORIES of days gone by and to making new JULY MEMORIES to add to those! 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Are you ready to go get your grab bag ??? Happy July!