Follow me.......





Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Daddy and me.......

Yes, that's what the past 10 days of been filled with......
Just when you thought I was gone from Stories from the Road because  I was frolicking on a beach in some exotic corner of the world, you come to find that I was actually just living in another little suburban hamlet...not far from Judiland....doing the 24/7 with my dad....along with a bevy of wonderful caregivers, I must add!  
My dad's caregivers and I......beaching it.....or were we "bitching it..."?

My sisters ventured off to the beach with their families while I stayed back to keep the home fires burning.....going to work, caring for my dad, listening to his stories, planning his menus, watching lots of Andy Griffith and other high-quality shows from the golden years of television, slipping him an occasional ice cream sundae,  dolling out his meds and keeping everything in his world right-side-up.  
My life was anything BUT right-side-up.  
As my sister's texted me pictures of the beach.....I texted them pictures of what was happening here in my world
Escaping to my own private outdoor bar by the air conditioning unit at my sister's house....to drink wine and grab a smoke...

...
Loading up on caffiene and lounging at the office to keep up my stamina

 
More wine....next to the cache of my father's meds....


Yes, it's been quite an adventure.
Life will be returning to my normal frivolity and festivity shortly.  

Confetti and cupcakes all around....



No comments: