Follow me.......





Saturday, June 15, 2013

HELLO MOTIVATION......

 IT'S ALL NEW AGAIN.....when you have a night out with people who haven't seen you since your FAT DAYS! 
The oohs, the aahs, the omgs......they just kept on coming!
I was *this* close to getting a standing ovation!
That's one way to get back your motivation to stick to the Lap Band rules!
So....BRING IT ON...... 
Hey Bartender.....get me another martini please....oh..... and I'm buying the next round! 

Our pretty martinis....for those who wished to indulge! 

Finally, we got the chance to eek out a night of frivolity with a group of friends from our much, much younger days (when we drank Sloe Gin and Bankers Club vodka in the back of a red Camaro).....
One of the couples just recently moved back to Pittsburgh after a 30 year hiatus.   It seemed like the perfect time to get together and catch up, enjoy a lovely dinner at an amazing place and laugh until we cry.   So, that's what we did.....it was absolutely fabulastic! 

But, you know what part of it is still putting a bounce in my step and a smile on my face?
All the compliments on my weight loss.....
Call me vain but let me tell you....my weight loss is old news in Judiland.   But, not to these people.
Last time we all got together (as far as we could figure) was 1998.....at the height of my FAT DAYS.
So, this version of Judi was brand spanking new to them......even though they knew me in my much younger not-fat days.....
 
Getting compliments while being at this lovely place.....yeah, that's heaven! 


Yesterday when Carmen mentioned how high our bar bill was, I had to remind him that I like to thank people with good booze.....
And, this place had some mighty good booze......


 
  




No comments: