It's the first Steeler game here in Judiland.
Vince came home this weekend to visit with some friends who are in from out of town.
We got to spend a few hours with him on Friday night--we went to dinner at one of our favorite little places.
And, yes, I got to have my all time favorite crab soup......yum!!!
We chatted and laughed and enjoyed being together--even if it was just for a little while.
Then, he scooted off to be with friends.
He's coming back home today.
But, today is all about football here in our little suburban hamlet....
It has nothing to do with visiting with mom!
Football Sundays have began!
So, Vince and Carmen will be talking football and watching football all day long.
Alllll day loooooong.
No need for me to hang around here.....
Nope! No need!
I'm going to throw food in the crock pot so they don't starve to death, blow a few kisses, bid Vince farewell (since he will be gone by the time I get home) and then I'm hitting the road with a few other college girl moms.
We are heading to Collegeland to have lunch with our girls....
Collegeland.....here we come!
So, what's in the Crock Pot?
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- zest of 3 limes
- Mix together salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat chicken with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves and lime zest in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the chicken on top. Pour the chicken broth around the sides of the chicken, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture.
- Cover and cook on medium until the chicken shreds easily with a fork, about 4 hours. When the chicken is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Use cooking liquid as needed to moisten.