Follow me.......





Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday thinking....


It's been a loaded week.
With much more.....much, much more to come.
It's just the way it is.
It would take me entirely too long to give you a blow-by-blow about what is behind me and what is in front of me.
I don't have time to write that novelette plus go through my morning routine and get out the door on time....
Plus, I'd rather not revisit what I barreled through this past week and I certainly don't want to be reminded what land mines stand between me and a semi-quiet Sunday......
No. No.
Have no fear--it's not bad stuff.
It's just stuff.
Stuff that stands between me and the things I'd like to do.
Stuff that makes it impossible to make plans without moving heaven and earth, parting the seas and making stones bleed.
That's the way it is right now.
So be it.
I'm an accepting kind of girl.....
Right now.


During weeks like this, I have a love-hate relationship with my Lapband.
Love it....for all the reasons I've told you time and time again.
Hate it.....because when life gets this busy and packed and scheduled and filled with obligations and commitments and work, it would be great to zip through a drive-thru window, order something I can eat with one hand while I drive and be able to suck my drink out of a straw and not have to worry about anything getting stuck or dealing with projectile vomitting on my windshield....
Yes, I know, I've lost my mind.
After all, what fun is eating with one hand while driving?
And, what one-handed food from a drive-thru could be that good that I'd give up my band for it?
And, isn't it true that nothing....nothing, nothing, nothing....tastes as good as thin feels?
And, let's be honest--why would I spend good shoe money on bad food?

Thank God I talked some sense into myself......
The hate is gone.
I'm back to a place of love.....

2 comments:

Jody V said...

I'm right there with you Judi! Plus...not eating one handed means no ketchup stains on our clothes or car seats!! Another KUDO for our LapBands!!

Jody

LDswims said...

I love it - good shoe money on bad food! That's priceless and very well put!!!! I'm gonna shout that out every time I'm tempted!