Follow me.......





Sunday, May 2, 2010

Making room in the nest.....

cause it ain't gonna be empty no more......

It's time to make way for my little girl to come home--with all her baubles and what-nots and trinkets and college knowledge....


Yes, friends, we're coming into the home stretch of empty nesting.
I know, it went rather fast.
Thank you for sticking it out with me.

As grateful as I am to all of you for listening to me and putting up with me as I whined and moaned about my empty nest status.....I don't have a moment to chat with you today.
Nope, I have to clear the way for my rising sophomore sorority girl to wedge her and all her stuff back into our nest.....
And, I've only got 4 days to figure out just how I am going to do this!
I have no idea what the hell happened since she left in August!
All of a sudden our nest is overflowing and there's lots of dust and cobwebs in her pretty pink room......
Please forgive me but I'm off to the pick up my Chai Latte and a few boxes of trash bags, some big storage containers and lots of cleaning supplies!!!!
Thank God Starbuck's and Walmart are on my schedule.....

3 comments:

Steph said...

Enjoy having your daughter home, but remember that she will more than likely try and assert her independence a little bit since she's been away from home. I remember how I was at that age!! What sorority is your daughter in? (I'm an advisor for my college sorority, so I was just curious!)

Just One Opinion said...

Haha...loved your post! The ebb and flow of kids leaving and coming home until they finally 'launch' is a phase all unto itself!

Hope you'll join us on Facebook and share some of your experiences.

Regards,

Pam Sissons

50 Is The New 40 Facebook Page

Kathy said...

Boy that year went by fast didn't it? Enjoy having your sweet girl home again Judi.