Follow me.......





Friday, February 20, 2009

Taking a break in the action.......

....time for a little road trip!

It's kegerator time.
Betcha didn't think I'd be saying that, did you?

Honestly, I'm not really sure what a kegerator is. All I know is that it has something to do with beer and we're buying one for Vince this weekend. He's a master home brewer, you know. So, instead of buying it here and hauling it over the mountains, we decided to brave the snowbelt plus the mountains and the winter weather and take a weekend jaunt to go kegerator shopping in his picturesque and fun little enclave--Happy Valley. And, to be quite honest--I'm ready to blow this town. It might be home of the Super Bowl champions 'nat (that's Pittsburghese) but seriously folks, I'm way past it. At my age, you just have to live for the moment, savour it and then move on. So, kegerator shopping.....here I come!

You know, I'm so done with February. As if you didn't notice--it's worn out it's welcome with me. So, as much as I would just love to run off to a sun drenched beach and ride out the remainder of the month in a bathing suit digging my toes in the sand, I'll settle for a little change in scenery, an unscheduled, non-committment-oriented, light-responsibility weekend and the peace and quiet of being the guest instead of the host. A few new restaurants, a little side trip to the local winery, a bargain hunt at Ross's, a visit to my fav Chico's in the state (the folks who work there are fab!), a drop-in on some of the cute little boutiques in the area and maybe even going to hear a few bands--that's what I am talking about. Not to mention a little extra time with my #1 son. And....oh yeah, the kegerator shopping.

See you next week.....
Cross your fingers that I don't get snowed in......

3 comments:

Jody V said...

Have a great time Judi!!

Jody

Gerry said...

Have fun Judi! I am blogging again...guess what about? KIDS!!

Jody V said...

Hey Judi -

Just wanted to tell you that the Polenta Bake you posted was absolutely wonderful!! Even the boys loved it!!

Jody