Follow me.......





Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lipstick Lessons Learned........

Sometimes I think I've spent my life just waiting. Waiting to get older and wiser. But, I've come to the conclusion that is not God's plan for me. God has bigger plans for me. I'm waiting to find out what they are. So, until I get the word, I am going to assume that I'm going to make mistakes. And, there will be times when I'm not going to be able to fix those mistakes. It's a freeing feeling really. Now I don't feel like I have to act my age or pretend to know how to fix all of life's woes. Makes me feel much younger knowing that I haven't lived long enough to be mistake proof. Take for instance my lipstick-through-the-washer-and-the-dyer episode this week. When I was growing up, no adult woman would ever put laundry into the washer without going through every pocket. I assumed I'd develop that quality too. I didn't. There I was---early Monday morning--doing my least favorite chore--laundry. I gathered together a bunch of my finer whites---a few sweaters, a sweat suit, two of my favorite turtlenecks and some wear-with-everything long sleeved cotton shirts. I threw them in the washer. When they were done, I pulled them out and threw them in the dryer. A while later, I opened the dryer to find all of my clothing smattered with copper spots. As I frantically pulled the clothing out, an empty lipstick tube fell to the ground. Yes, my Estee Lauder All Day Lipstick---Spiced Cider. The only pocket that it could have came from would have been my sweat suit. (Now you know---yes, I wear lipstick even when I'm wearing sweats. )It's Wednesday....my whites are still soaking. I'm on remedy #6. The spots remain. One mistake I did not make was buying that lipstick. It definitely stays on. God gave me wisdom beyond my years when it comes to lipstick.

As a great philosopher once said......“Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass lipstick.” Wise words from someone who must be older and wiser.


XOXO

No comments: