Follow me.......





Tuesday, October 29, 2013

And, so it begins.......

Having just come off a full weekend of house guests and entertaining and dealing with the aftermath of it all.....I'm pretty sure I need a mega dose of energy, a live-in house staff, some big time happy pills and 24 more hours in each day in order to deal with what's to come......
Hello Holiday Season.....


Late Friday afternoon,  as I raced home to meet the furnace guy (yeah, we have heat again!) and as I feverishly cobbled together a plan to also pick up my car from the shop by making a few calls to see who could take me to the shop....all the  while  mentally making a list of what I needed to pick up at the grocery store as soon as I got my car,  I found myself in the very unfamiliar place of wanting to run away...and never stop!   With guests coming in a few hours--expecting the first of several meals--it  hit me---it was only the beginning of what was to come the next 8 weeks.  I was feeling very unJudilike.  Instead of feeling my usual rush of excitement, I was feeling overwhelmed and tired.  
So, this is what being 50-some is like?  I whined to myself.  
As I lamented my plight, I tried to figure out what had put me in such an unfamiliar place. 
Although I don't have an exact answer, I have some very sneaky suspicions.
First of all.....I really am tired.
Life is tiring.
Oh, and my hair feels out of control.  
And, every time I grab a pair of panty hose, there's a runner in them or each time I need a sweater, I realize they are in the dry cleaning pile that I made last April and never got around to getting them there and just when I think I did something, I realize--I didn't.....and on and on and on....
So, yeah, I don't feel as organized as I want to be.
And, I am feeling like I might have the onset of dementia....
Trust me, even though my standards are quite low, I look around and realize there's lots to be done!
And, I'm not quite sure when or how it's going to get done.... if ever. 
And, of course, let's not forget that the wallops of life don't stop just because I have company coming.
The car breaks down.  The furnace breaks.  I'm wrestling with spreadsheets and reports all day long at the office and thinking about them all night long at home.    And,  with my husband's grueling schedule rendering him either out of the picture or quite cranky when he is in the picture--everything feels like a FOUR letter word---WORK.   
 It's not the way I like to feel about anything.....
It's reeking havoc with my sunny disposition and optimistic outlook.
I'm thinking a new shade of lip gloss and a new pair of boots might fix me right up.  
 
 


 

No comments: