10 Things You Never Knew About Me......
(just in case you were wondering)
|I love hats and martinis....but you already knew that......|
After more than 6 years of blogging, you would think I would have spilled it all by now.
I still have my secrets. I am, after all, a woman of mystery.....
But, I also have a few things I thought you might like to know......just in case you might like to know them....
- I do not know my right from my left. I use my rings as my guide. My sisters don't know their right from their left either. My dad doesn't either. And, my dad's brother never did either.
- In college, I took a fencing class. They made me drop out. They said I didn't show any promise. I was a fencing failure.
- I did not get my drivers' license until after I was married at age 23. The day that Carmen refused to do his husbandly duty and take me to the mall, I decided it was time to drive. He taught me how. We had the first fight of our married lives when I failed the first time I took the test (my failing the test was completely his fault but he blamed me and told me that no one in HIS family ever failed a driving test.....). It is still a sore subject.
- I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. In 1985-86, I lost 82 pounds. In 1991-92, I lost 91 pounds.
- My mother named me after St. Jude--Patron Saint of the Hopeless.
- I absolutely hate The Wizard of Oz.
- I have not drank beer since the second week of my freshman year in college. Blame it on the Theta Zi's. Use your imagination on this one....
- I have 8 step brothers and 2 step sisters.
- My left ear lobe is completely split. When my son the doctor was about a year old, he decided he liked my big 80's earrings. So, he yanked one of them out...splitting me ear! I had surgery to repair it. But, I was so vain that I could not go without big earrings for too long. Thus, another "pretty earring" episode with my little aspiring doctor. I've lived with this abnormality ever since......
- I have never tasted coffee.
Now you know.