Follow me.......





Friday, January 10, 2014

And, on the TENTH day.......

 Christmas has not left the building......
And it's gonna stay just a wee bit longer.....


Seriously folks, I am ready to be done with the holidays.  So ready. 
Just 2 days ago, I formulated a fabulastic plan to rid the house of the holidays and get Judiland back to some semblance of order. 
I didn't set my expectations too high or too low.  
I told myself that I was going to just try to get it done.  
I was even looking forward to it....well....sort of.  

That was before the call came last night.....
 It just so happens that a dear, dear friend planned a last minute trip to Pittsburgh....arriving early tomorrow morning.  
And, not only that....she's taking me up on my offer that anytime she is in Pittsburgh...she's got a place to stay.   That would be my house.  

"Fair warning.....it's still Christmas at my house..."  I warned her.
"Even better!  I can see everything in person for the first time in years!!  We can even have a little Christmas party!"  she excitedly replied. 

Okay then......not only am I not getting rid of Christmas....I am going to be working on making Christmas look fresh.....because it's looking pretty droopy right now.    



 
Setting the stage for party time....once more. 

So, this morning, I came up with a plan....
 I'm making this cocktail  and this appetizer (to use the William Sonoma fig jam I purchased during the holidays but never used!)  for our little Christmas Party.....then we are heading to one of my favorite little local places for some wine, pizza and girl talk......   

So, really....who cares if  the stockings are still hung by the chimney with care and the trees are still twinkling and there's Christmas everywhere?  

2 comments:

Jody V said...

Have a great time! As usual you have planned out everything perfectly!

The Random Factor said...

Hello mate, great blog.