Follow me.......





Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rocking around the Christmas Tree!

Yeah, that's exactly what I have been doing.....how about you?  Hmmmm......
Love this tree!  It's at my favorite little wine bar in Dayton OH......

With Christmas Eve and Christmas Day on our doorstep, I am starting to get a wee bit jingled....
Yes, the Christmas season is upon us and with it comes a very unique brand of  stress....
With all of the fun aspects of the merry making and the wrapping and the shopping and the preparing and the fa-la-la-la-laing, there's also the notsofun aspects of  the merry making and the wrapping and the shopping and the preparing and the fa-la-la-la-laing.
It's mostly a result of the unreasonable expectations we place on ourselves.
Who do I think I am?  Super Woman?   
The truth of the matter is--I get as tired as the next guy.
And, sometimes I can get just a wee bit....well.....crazed.
And, when I am so exhausted I am close to tears and when I get crazed about holiday things.....I get angry with myself.  
I really want to live my inner merry this time of the year. 
I don't want anything to be a chore or to bring me down.
But, because I don't want any of that to happen....when it does....I find myself totally crippled by feelings of stress and angst. 
Thus, the circle of even more craziness begins. 
It's not a nice place to be.....
You see---I haven't touched my shopping, I still have one huge tree and the bathrooms to finish decorating, I haven't made my grocery lists and the major cleaning is not even on the schedule.
And.....to top it off.....I'm finding myself hurt and disappointed that my dearly-held and carefully thought-out plans have been casually tossed aside and that the alternate arrangements that have been thrust upon me feel notsonice.  And, so, I sulk and cry and tear-up at the drop of the hat.
  And, that's all I am going to say about that....  
EXCEPT........perhaps that's why I haven't touched my shopping, I still have one huge tree and the bathrooms to finish decorating, I haven't made my grocery lists and the major cleaning is not even on the schedule.
Yes, I am excellent at self-analysis.  

Like most things....I shall overcome my hurt and disappointment and I shall make the best of it and I shall go forward.
Christmas Eve and Christmas will come.....as it always does.  


1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

This time of year can be so stressful. We get it in our heads that things have to be done a certain way... or else. lol. I work really hard at trying to keep my fantasy idea of what should be with the reality of what is. I will be 62 next week and it does get easier. That and I am all done with menopause! The hormones cause a shit ton of problems too ;)