Follow me.......





Thursday, December 5, 2013

JOY TO THE WORLD........

MY LAP BAND IS MY SAVIOR!


'Tis the season of temptation.
My Lap band helps me not to be led too far into temptation. 


Although I am thankful every minute of every day for the gifts my Lap band has given me, the days that stretch between Thanksgiving and the end of  the year are when my thankfulness is heightened.  Just like everything else this time of the year that's on steroids.....my gratitude is on steroids.....

Holiday time is so much about parties and parties are so much about food that it's tough to avoid all of the temptations at this time of the year....unless you just want to stay home and sit on the couch all by your lonesome (but, as we all know.....there's even temptation in boredom....).   

Why should we have to avoid temptation?  
Why should we have to avoid the things that make the holidays the holidays in our lives?  

Trying to avoid the food temptations and then feeling guilty when I couldn't  avoid the temptations that I wanted to avoid or feeling so miserable because I overindulged were the things I hated the most about my dieting life.   I hated the guilt and all the misery. 
That's not to say that my Lap band completely stops me from overindulging but what I can say is that it helps.  But, more importantly, the success that I have had and the way that I feel about myself these days are the REAL tools that motivate me not to punish myself with overindulgence!  In other words---I never want to go back to that world of dieting and guilt and feelings of failure. 
So, between my Lap band and my own determination, I am able to deal with the temptations that the holidays bring.....
SAY HELLO TO THIS PARTY GIRL WITH HER FAVORITE PARTY BOY!
JOY TO THE WORLD.....let the parties begin!!! 


2 comments:

Barbara said...

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC.. as does your hubby.. JOY AWAY!!!!

Jody V said...

You both look fabulous! Party like the rock star you are!