Follow me.......





Monday, December 2, 2013

I know what you are thinking........

But, no, I have not been absent from Stories from the Road due to a food coma......
I was sequestered in my kitchen for hours on end.......here's the proof....me and Turkey #1 on Thanksgiving Day!
My house guests have come and gone, Thanksgiving dinner and all of the 
weekend's activities are just lovely memories..... 

 Hopefully, all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and had the opportunity to pause to enjoy and witness the wonderfulness in your lives.  Recalling all of the beauty and joy that surrounds us each day and giving thanks for it all helps to withstand our trials and tribulations.....

Speaking of trials and tribulations.......did I mention that I found myself incapacitated by tooth abcesses that went rouge? 
Yes, ROUGE.....
And, when I say incapacitated......I literally mean.....INCAPACITATED....
All of this happening on the Monday before Thanksgiving.
Trust me, those were not happy moments.
Thankfully, I am on the mend.  
The only things I am currently suffering with is a refrigerator filled with leftovers, a house that needs a good cleaning, a kitchen that needs my undivided attention, Fall decor everywhere and a body that has aches and pains where I never knew one could have aches and pains......  
Thank God I scheduled an after work massage for today.....yes....it was heavenly.  

Now, we are on to the business of December.
And, you know what that means here on Stories from the Road...... 
We will be talking holidays and all that jazz.
Plus...............
......drum roll please......
It's the return of Tasty Tuesdays......
For those of you who are Tasty Tuesday veterans.....you know the drill.
For those of you new to the drill---here's how it goes:
Every Tuesday in December I share a recipe from my ginormus pile of tasted and tested holiday-worthy recipes.   And, I ask you to do the same.....share a recipe in the comments section of the posting.
It's a great way to help each other get ready for all the kitchen olympics that go on this time of the year and the perfect way to make you the FOODIE STAR of your holidays!
So, dig out your best recipes to share!  We especially like simple and scrumptious recipes.....


 
December, here we come......






1 comment:

Jody V said...

Didn't you have abscess issues on another major Holiday? But you still made it through it like a trooper! I hope you're feeling better!