Follow me.......





Friday, November 22, 2013

Where were you?

If you are old enough to remember......you will never forget......
Walter Cronkite tells the nation that JFK has been shot....


On that fateful day in November of 1963, my mother was doing laundry in the basement as I played nearby.
My Nana (who lived a few doors from us) came running down the steps, crying and screaming in Italian.
She came to tell my mother the news. 
They stood there in our basement, next to the washing machine.... and they cried.
I was very sad.  And scared.  

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I am old enough to so vividly remember that moment 50 years ago.....


Thank you for these words that live in my heart and steer my mind......

1 comment:

Tamera Beardsley said...

So honored to be included on your stylish round up of bloggers!