Follow me.......





Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tip for the day: Stay clear of the break room!

 'Tis the season for the BREAK ROOM to be overflowing.......
A sideways view (couldn't figure out how to rotate it!!) of what our office kitchen looked like yesterday...all kinds of tempting goodies!!  THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!! This picture does not include the several dozen mini sandwiches one of our partners graced us with mid day! Nor does it include the huge box of bagels that Brueggers dropped off for us late in the afternoon.......OMG! 


The BREAK ROOM--- the place where everyone puts the treats they don't want to tempted with at home........

I don't know about the place where you work but my workplace is filled with lots of very generous, sharing people who whip up all kinds of salty and sweet treats or who love to pick up special treats and bring them into the office!   So, there are times when our office kitchen is a literal  smorgasboard of gut-busting temptations......
Although this food-sharing goes on throughout the year, right after Halloween, things ramp up quite a bit.  Take yesterday for example---one of my lovely coworkers entertained all weekend and had some yummy leftover taco dip she wanted to share.   Another coworker wanted to test his culinary skills on everyone by baking up a batch of muffins.  And, another coworker decided to pick up a few bags of sponge chocolates while he was on a little weekend getaway.  And, then there was the employer partner who decided to order several beautiful sandwich trays for their luncheon---only to have MOST OF THEM leftover....which they then put in our office kitchen! And, last but not least--can I mention that Bruegger's loves us so much that they wanted to show us how much by dropping off a huge box of bagels to our office at 3 pm!!!    All of this on the day after another coworker decided we needed a carton of munchkins. 
Now, like I've said a million times before---there's room for all of these things in life.  My Lap band has taught me that.  But, you know....I must make one teensy weensy confession here---with the kinds of days I've been having at work lately, those break room temptations are not doing me any favors.  Yes, I'm human like that.   By the time mid day rolled around yesterday, I was *THIS CLOSE* to taking the taco dip and chips in my office and shoveling it into my mouth with non ladylike abandon.  But, I didn't.  Because people would talk about me.
And, at this point, I don't need to give people one more reason to talk about me......
And, let's face it----the taco dip wouldn't have solved one thing.
Except.....it might have made me sick enough to go home. 
On hindsight.....perhaps I should have taken that taco dip and chips into my office.....yesterday would have been the perfect day to come home and curl up on the couch in a fetal position and feel awfully sorry for myself! 


 In any case......just thought I'd warn you about the break room thing.....


1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

I am the administrator of a medical clinic. Our breakroom is also overloaded with crap. All my employees are overweight. It really saddens me that they are so out of control with their eating. I do thank God for my band. I must admit vodka is my downfall ;)