Follow me.......





Friday, September 13, 2013

Be not afraid, my friends......


Spiders don't scare me.
Friday the 13th doesn't scare me.
Hell...it's FRIDAY......there's nothing scarey about that!
BUT....
New years,  new weeks, new months, new seasons.....sometimes even new days...now, they can scare me.  
Just between you and me....the idea that something unknown might be looming in the newness of the new year, the new week, the new month, the new season or the new day quietly scares the beejeebees out of me at times.
Shhhh.  Don't tell anyone....
Sure, I am all about feeling the thrill of impending surprise around the next corner and yeah, I really am an optimist and yeah I do really believe that good things are always awaiting us...... 
But, damn, I can also wake up from my slumber with a sense of impending doom.
As in "What the hell is gonna happen next?"  
Sometimes I am right.....nasty things just come in waves.
So much so that I don't even want to get out of bed.
Case in point---in the past 10 days.....my car broke down on a day trip to a teeny little town in the middle of nowhere on a holiday---right in the middle of an intersection....while I was on vacation.   All of my clothes and my make up was back at the hotel that I was staying at.  There wasn't a repair shop open. I had my car towed by the only tow truck in town to the only repair shop in town and I had to stay at a hotel in the middle of a cornfield....with no clothes and no make up.
Then, as I was stranded in that little hotel in the middle of a cornfield, I learned that my father was brought into the hospital. Then.....when we finally did get home (after a hefty car repair bill and having to pay for a hotel in another location while we were also paying for a hotel in our original location), we had to move around our lovely just-the-two of us trip and re-coordinate schedules due to my father's situation.
Fast forward a few days and my washer is now broke, my front door will not unlock (I guess the lock is broke!) and my car is making this godawful noise......
 So, could you blame me if I am in one of those "what the hell is gonna happen next?" kinda places....

The silver lining to all of this is that I have yet to go on a nacho-cookie-french fry-coconut cream pie binge.....

But, I must admit......I am so happy we did some major pre-holiday season shopping at those wineries while we were away.....
(In a few weeks, my next problem will be that we will have no wine for the upcoming holidays.....oh well.....)

 
Have a GREAT FRIDAY (the 13th!)....take a tip from me.....LET THE WINE HELP YOU BE NOT AFRAID.....

Words to live by!!!!

2 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

Hoping your Father is ok. that's all that really matters, right?

Jody V said...

Oh Judi...You are in my head Lady! I too am having a "what the hell will go wrong next" time lately. I can't believe you're in the same air! Well, let's change the air! Think positive thoughts and the positive will happen. Or so says the Universe! As you have told me many times....Onward!