Follow me.......





Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When the storm is raging......

treat yourself to a little celebrational comfort......



All this hurricane and storm talk yesterday sure did get me thinking about how I was going to get through it.
As I fought my way home last night through the rain and wind, with the radio blaring warnings, I decided if there was going to be a storm of historic proportions, I had to commenorate it somehow. 
A Celebration with Hurricane Sandy sounded like just what I needed. 
Plus, since it was a Monday and it was raining, I needed some comfort. 
Celebrational comfort.... 
Typically, when I am in need of comfort, I get to work in the kitchen.
However, since I managed to cook up a storm on Sunday, I didn't have much room left in my freezer for another cookathon.
Especially since I buy a turkey each week during November....gotta leave room for my birds! 
And, let's keep in mind......we are empty nesters and my husband is gone a good portion of the week. 
Who is going to eat the results of my Sunday cook-off?
And, let's face it---celebratory comfort is a bit different than plain old comfort. 
So, I decided to pour myself a nice class of a favorite full bodied red wine and try out a little treat I have been meaning to whip up since I heard about it....and I am so glad I did....... 

I started with 2  mini brie bites....I put them on a very fancy dish......

Then, I put a dollop of this on each one.....
Then, I put a few of these on top of each.....


Then, I put my fancy little dish in the microwave (oh yeah, make sure your fancy dish is microwave safe!) and I zapped it for about a minute.....until I saw it oozing and bubbling....times may vary so you might want to just keep an eye on it.
Then, I got myself a few of my favorite TJ's crackers....
And, I lit a few pumpkin scented candles and got comfy with the storm.

Try it during your next celebratory comfort moment. 
I hope that wherever you are, you are warm and dry and safe too......

2 comments:

Darlin1 said...

Mmmmmm all my favorite things....thanks for sharing!

Glad you are safe!

XO

Sarah said...

Sounds very yummy. Hope you are safe and being passed by. xx