Follow me.......





Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's hiding behind THAT door?

If you try to look, I might have to kill you.....


At the moment, I am smack dab in the middle of doing that dreaded change-of-season task---switching over from my summer wardrobe to my fall/winter wardrobe.   It's a multi-weekend project that I never really get 100%  finished.   This year,  I am aiming to change that.
 Er....well...at least that's what I promised myself. 
It's not going too well. 
At the rate I am going, I should be done by April when it's time to do the old switheroo again. 
Perhaps I should just live in the mayhem that has become my closet, my bedroom and all of the other bedrooms on the top floor (except for the bathrooms....). 
Now, if I can only convince my husband that it's okay to live this way.
And, if my children would accept the fact that their bedrooms are no longer their own, we'd be good.
But, more importantly, if I can convince our upcoming houseguests that it's a new form of decorating, things would be just fine. 
 Honestly, I have stacks of things everywhere.   Except, of course, in the living room, dining room, kitchen and office. 
I am one of those people who keep their big messes behind closed doors. 
Living and navigating amid these huge tanglements of hangers and clothes and shoes and boots and scarves and hats has me wondering how other people do it. 
How do they keep their entire house so damn orderly and camera-ready and company-ready at all times?
I mean--where do they put all their shit stuff?
Right now, if you came to visit me---things on the lower level of my house would be look relatively orderly.
Sure, the house is not 100% decorated for Fall but I assume you wouldn't judge me on that.
And, unless you are looking---you might not notice the not-so-shiney hardwood floors, the crumbs on the kitchen floor, the dust that's accumulating on the furniture and the cobwebs on the top of the draperies. 
You'd probably enjoy the smell of the pumpkin candles that I have burning when I'm home and since you would be visiting--I am sure there would be some aroma of a yummy food that's cooking. 
But, damn, if you decided to descend the steps, I might have to block your passage.....I'd have to make a mad dash in front of you to make sure all the doors were tightly closed. 
In fact, I might even try to force feed you wine or martinis just to keep you away from the steps! 
So, where am  I going with this?
I'm not really sure. 
I guess I'm just wondering if I'm the only one? 

1 comment:

Jody V said...

Trust me...you are NOT the only one! We all close those doors!