Follow me.......





Sunday, October 21, 2012

Good Morning Sunday......

Last evening, I spent quite a bit of time sprawled out on the couch with a stack of magazines....still nursing this lousy cold that is still having it's way with me....
I know, I know....it definitely doesn't paint the picture of  the  sophisticated, socialite partygirl that you probably think I am.....
Perhaps this will help.......
Last evening, I thought it best that I give myself a break from the twirling, bubbly party that is my life and pamper myself in the lady-of-leisure fashion that my body was craving.   So, clad in my new Victoria Secret Fireside Long Jane Sleepwear,  I spent quite a bit of time lounging on the chaise with a stack of  lovely magazines and a  lively bottle of Frenzy 2011 Sauvignon Blanc that I victoriously unearthed a few weeks back at a wonderful market in my son's new hometown.    
Much better.....eh?

Although the remnants of  my cold remain this morning, I feel more mentally refreshed than I have since July. I'm sure once the hubbub of my day starts happening, this feeling will be history. 
So, I figured it best that I tap into my mental refreshment before it is stolen away by the demands of what will definitely be a very demanding day.....
With that in mind, I decided to revisit a few of the recipes and tablescapes that I languished over during my magazine browsing episode last night and to scour the internet with the hope of starting to cobble together an 80's rock-n-roll inspired Happy Hour that I am hosting for some of my 80's rocker friends this coming Saturday night before the Bruce Springsteen concert.   OMG I LOVE BRUCE!  BRUUUUUUUCE!  OMG I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HE COMES TO TOWN!  GOTTA START MY FIST PMPING PRACTICE NOW!  OMG I LOVE BRUCE!  BRUUUUUUUUCE!  OMG! OMG! BRUUUUUUCE! I AM SO BORN TO RUN!BRUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!
Forgive me, I can get quite excited about Bruce Springsteen......
ANYWAY.....
If you have any good ideas---for foods, decorations, etc.....please share.
No need to suggest music---my playlist is already done....it's all-Bruce, all-the-time.
And, no need to suggest activities---we are just gonna get our Bruce on.

Ahhh, GLORY DAYS! 



1 comment:

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/10/top-ten-uniquely-80s-foods-snacks-drinks.html

That link tells you some uniquely 80s foods/drinks. Not really party ready items, but funny to reminisce. Good to have another 80s chick out there in band land! Have fun with BRUCE!