Follow me.......





Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sometimes someone else says it better......

I didn't take the easy way out......

Lapband Girl posted a link to this wonderful article on her Facebook page. 
If you've got a minute, read it.  It won't take long, I promise.  
It couldn't have come at a better time for me.
These three simple opening sentences somehow comforted me.....Let’s start off by clarifying a few things. Weight-loss is hard. Weight maintenance is harder.
(the rest of the article is great too.....especially helpful in realizing that weight loss surgery is an essential option in the fight against obesity, the fight for good health and the fight to live!)


Those first words of the article served as a reminder that my journey is not over and I am not alone in that.
Sometimes it's easy to think that it is or that it should be. 
But, it's not. 
Yes, I have lost the weight with a tool that made all the difference for me. 
Now, I have to keep it off.
Funny thing....after four years of living with my beloved Lap band....I'm very familiar with it and I know how to work around it---which means that I know what I can safely get past my band without any major issues.
Sometimes knowledge can be a very dangerous thing. 

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Great article, thanks for sharing. And YES, we must get together before I move. We LOVE Pittsburgh but we are just so far away from our families. We just want them to grow up with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. We'll miss the changing of the seasons, the winding roads, the FOOD, the parks, the museums, so many things, but especially YINZ. :)

Lap Band Gal said...

Hi Judi! :)

Thanks for the shout out. I agree, great article.