Follow me.......





Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sometimes I think I'm the only one......

How about you?


I think it's normal to look around and think that no one else has to deal with the things you have to deal with, that no one is exhausted as you are, that no one thinks the crazy things that you think, that no one feels the same way as you.....
Maybe that's just me....

When I find myself feeling this way, I know it's time for a girlfriend intervention.
Either that or prozac.  


I don't know about you but  when I am with my girlfriends over the holidays.....it just ain't the same.
Sure, it's good.  No, it's great.  It really is. 
But, it's not a re-energizing or soul-soothing time. 
We're all merry and bright or bitching about all the work involved in bringing the holidays to life or we are so damn preoccupied with holiday stuff  and sharing appetizer recipes that we don't really get the true benefits of  our friendship.
We party on.  We laugh.  We drink.  We talk about how we are going to stop all the madness....next year.
Then, we go home and keep on going.....because.....hey.....it's the holidays.  
We banish all the negative thoughts and narly issues and things that keep us up at night.   
We turn off the maddening to-do lists in our head, we put our careers on the back burner, we try not to think about the festering problems that won't seem to go away and we put on our smiling faces and greet everyone with a kiss, a hug and a merry smile.

When real life starts creeping in.......the pity party begins.
And, I'm having a pretty big pity party.  
It would be nice to know there are others out there suffering in their own pity parties to share my thoughts with. 



I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way.
Or, am I?
I think it's time for some research......I need some girlfriend time. 
I'm feeling a wine night coming on!



2 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow. Your post hit home with me but probably with a bit of a twist. But I will toast a nice glass of malbec to this sentiment. Cheers!

Jody V said...

Oh yes Judi...I feel the same way! My next 2 weeks have dates filled with dinners, movies and wine with the ladies! As you always tell us...ONWARD!!