Follow me.......





Saturday, January 7, 2012

Keep some of those Christmas gifts!



Remember last month?
The month that you feel like you are paying for this month.
December--the month with all the  gluttonous debauchery and spendthriftery that would surely shame us any other time of the year. 
Yeah, that month.  
The one we are cursing right.about.now.




STOP IT!  
Let's just take a whole different approach.....
I've been thinking about it and I think that there's a few things about December that are worth doing all year long.
No, not the early morningand lunchtime drinking and non stop daily cookie scarfing.

I know,  I know---- you are sick and tired of all the hoopla and woo-hooing but really....what's so wrong with that?    Feeling merry ain't such a bad thing---is it?
Alright, alright.....so, if you don't want to do the whole merry, yippee, woo-hoo thing, maybe you can just do some of those other things you did during December......
(CAUTION:  These are not to be misconstrued as New Years resolutions. They are, as I said, things you did in December that are worth continuing.....) 
How about.....
*Treating everyday like it's a special day. 
Go ahead, eat off the good china!  Sit at the dinner table.  Dress up a little!
*Staying in touch with friends and family.
Yeah, I know, we're all busy.  But, just think about how good it feels to chat with an old friend, go to happy hour with your gal pals, have lunch with a cousin, visit  with an elderly aunt.   Why limit it to just once a year?
*Buying good food and cooking your best recipes!
Sure, you don't have to do that everyday but why eat the lousy, same old, same old food day after day after day?  Sometimes you just need turkey and stuffing in June!
*Eating three meals a day!
I don't know about you but I am sure we ate 3 meals a day all through the holidays!  How do I know that?  I cooked them all!  But, really, eating three meals is a good idea.....having me cook you three meals a day is not a good idea.  


Maybe it should be Christmas all year long.
Nah.....













No comments: