Follow me.......





Friday, January 27, 2012

A martini a day keeps the stress away!

If only I could do one martini a day!

The fact that I didn't have one a day might be the reason why I became a stress EATER.
Martinis could have saved me!

Yes, I know, I talk about martinis alot.
(that's because I love them!)
But, I only have one martini night a week....Thursday nights.
Not counting weekends.
Each Thursday night, I have one martini.....my standard Tanqueray gin, shaken, up with a twist.
On my birthday....I had two. On a Monday!   So, beat me.....
At certain places, on special occasions,  I have my all time favorite---a Hendrix martini (I can only handle one safely....).  
Trust me....if you get a chance to try one...do it.  It will change your life!
Although I always have a jug a bottle of Tangueray gin in the house, I buy one bottle of Hendrix gin a year.
When we make martinis at home, I drink Tangueray on non-special days and Hendrix on holidays--I buy the bottle for my birthday and have the first one on my birthday and the rest on holidays---Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, if-I've had-an-exceptionally-bad-day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, my daughter's birthday, Labor Day, my son's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Carmen's birthday, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and then I have the last drops on my birthday before buying my next bottle....
By the way...I do not share my Hendrix
 I guess you could say that I drink martinis very ritualistic.

I  sure wish I would have met martinis earlier in my life.
Thanks to my Lapband, I was introduced to them.
Another reason why I love my Lapband!
You see, I was always a gin and tonic girl.
But, after you get a Lapband, you have to give up the fizzy stuff.
I thought I was going to die giving up Diet Coke and Tonic Water.
But, I figured out how to survive without them both.
Instead of Diet Coke---I became addicted to Snapple Diet Peach Iced Tea.
Instead of Tonic Water--I found myself in love with a spritz of vermouth and a twist of lime with my gin.
THANK YOU LAPBAND!!!  
Now that I've become acquainted with my Thursday night martini, I truly believe that if I would have found it sooner, I might not have gained all that weight that I did from stress eating.
Perhaps I would never have needed to get my Lapband.

The road to what cures you is always filled with twists!
Lime twists---in my case!

No comments: