Follow me.......





Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yes, it's hot here......

what a perfect day to be on a beach.....
Somewhere, anywhere.......


Okay, I am officially having some very serious beach withdraw.
Although we've had several lovely excursions and fun trips the past two years and we've been enjoying a lovely summer filled with places to go, people to see and things to do (so I feel like a total ingrate complaining), I am in serious need of a real beach vacation.
Serious. Need.
The kind of vacation that is all about the beach.
I'm feeling the loss down to the core of my soul.
I miss the sand.
I miss my beach chair.
I miss my beach drink.
I miss the sound of the waves.
I miss......oooh....shit....I just miss it all.
And, I want to wear my bathing suit.
Morning. Noon. And night.
There. I said it.
What?????
YES!!! I said I want to wear my bathing suit.
For the first time in many years, the idea that a bathing suit would be my complete vacation wardrobe actually sounds glorious. Not hideous.
But, it's not to be.
Unless I sneak in a little trip within the next few weeks., it's not going to happen.
Pardon me while I wipe my tears.
The summer goes way to0 fast.
Between now and September, we've got a few trips coming up, a few obligations we need to attend to and of course---there's the back to college stuff.
So, I'm going to do my best in making believe that I am at the beach.
As I dangle my feet from my office chair and sip my chai.


I don't have the beach but I do have chai.

Sometimes you just have to look on the bright side of life.

1 comment:

Jody V said...

Hang in there Judi! I sure do hope you make it to the beach though!!