Follow me.......





Monday, November 14, 2011

Yes, I am the anonymus donor.....


of that beautiful big bowl of Halloween candy.

Forgive me friends, I didn't have time to make a fancy appetizer or a tantalizing dessert for your Steeler party. Nor could I break away from my jam-packed Sunday to hang out with all of you and cheer on our team. But, what I was able to do was pack up my ten pounds of leftover Halloween candy, put it in a pretty bowl, tie it up with a fancy ribbon and send it your way. I figured it would be the perfect accompaniment to your famous nacho dip, those firey hot wings and that frosty beer. If you're like me, you always like something a little sweet after all those savory sensations. And, of course, candy is always a wonderful way to celebrate a hometown victory. That's why I decided to slink on to your porch pre-game and deposit that pretty bowl at your door. Trust me, it had nothing to do with the fact that I couldn't keep my hands off of it as it sat on my dining room table. Yes, my intentions were completely sweet and selfless.
Oh and by the way, the bowl is yours to keep.
It's the least I can do for friends who are helping me stay in my pants.

No comments: