Follow me.......





Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello November........

Let the cooking begin.


Yes, I know, the jack-o-lanterns aren't even off the porch.
But, we all know how quickly time flies.
Here in Judiland, once we drop the last of the candy into the little trick-or-treaters bags, my mind turns quickly to all of the menu planning, cooking and entertaining that lies ahead between now and the first day of 2012.
I've been dealing with a few Lap band issues...or maybe it's the flu...or maybe it's something else....I'm not very sure what the hell is happening in this stomach of mine. I spent the greater part of Halloween with my head either in my trash can at the office, praying that I'll get to a worthy vomit container or bent over the porcelain trophy. So, it's hard to even wrap my head around thinking about all the food that lies between me and the start of the New Year. No matter. I'm not letting the stomach goblins deter me from all of the food thinking I have to do in the next few days.
Yes, the next few days.
A girl has gotta plan it out.
There's no time to take a time out for figuring out if my Lapband is messing with me, if I ate something that didn't agree with me or if it's really a flu bug.
I'm ignoring it, I'm willing it away and if none of that works.....I'm gonna deal with it.
There's recipes and menus and turkeys and appetizers and drinks and table settings to start thinking about....
Here in Judiland, there's no time to stop for whatever is plaguing me. I have to get my head in the food game. I can't let anything stop me from feeding the hunger that comes with a vengance for the next two months.
Fingers crossed.
And I'll be traveling with a suitable container for those moments when whatever is plaguing me decides to rear it's ugly head.....again.
Wish me luck.
Let's talk Turkey....

No comments: