Follow me.......





Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just the pix......

I've returned from my whirlwind trip to New Jersey and the city that never sleeps.
And, for the record, I was New Yorkerized.....I didn't sleep!

Here's the evidence....

Most of our drive to Collegeland and PhDland to pick up our kids and our drive to NJ looked something like this. The rain was torrential and the fog hung on day and night!

Once we got to NJ.....the fun began!

First stop....a surprise visit to my dear, dear college roomie and sweet friend--Andrea. It was a tear-filled, happy reunion that went way too fast. Although we keep in touch regularly, we haven't laid eyes on each other since her wedding day over 26 years ago. Just imagine, I was just my son's age when I saw her last!
Here we are in her office where she is the Assistant Superintendent of Schools in her County. Her wonderful assistant helped me arrange my secret mission. It was an incredible moment!
We both decided we look exactly the same as we did all those years ago.....
Here I am dressed for a night out with our family. First, we had a lovely dinner at Caio and then we topped it off at a welcome reception at The Tap Room with a bunch of the bride's fun Stanford friends who came in from California.....


The next day, we got all dressed up for a full day filled with wedding festivities. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful....held at the parish that bride grew up in.
After the I-do's, we were shuttled by party bus to a gorgeous reception at The Stone House at Sterling Ridge...

The setting was stunning. These tree centerpieces were hand cut by the bride and groom...
There was wonderful wine, amazing food......and lots of it!


Everyone enjoyed the s'more stations and bon fires outside.....



Everyone had a ball dressing up and taking photos in the booth. Here's Toni and my niece Rosa looking very adorable.....
And, the party continued....on the bus....and well into the night and early morning hours....

After a few winks of sleep, we boarded the train to NYC. We surprised the kids with a stay at The Millennium Broadway in the heart of Times Square. Everything was absolutely perfect....

At the train station in Summit NJ.....

Lunch at a little pizza joint on a side street....for a real taste of New York....
A dream-come-true visit to Anthropologie at Rockefeller Center. It was just yummy! Toni and I were in heaven. She found this adorable jacket.....among a few other things.
We stopped off at American Girl Place where Toni visited her childhood loves....

We did a bit more shopping.....
We saw the sights.....Bryant Park, the top of Rockefeller Center,Broadway...to name a few....
We got to experience "Occupy Time Square"......
And, then, I quit taking pictures.
My camera battery died and I forgot the cable!
My phone pictures were turning out lousy (as evidenced by the above picture!).
So, what happened after I quit taking pictures....
We walked and we walked and we walked and then we walked some more.
We bought street food.
We got deals from street vendors selling purses and scarves and trinkets.
We ate memorable meals.
We had fun in little pubs.
We stopped off for breaks at sidewalk cafes.
We shopped some more. Then some more.
We hit up lots of Starbucks for fuel and to compare Chai Lattes.
We people watched.
We walked some more.
And we walked some more.

Yes, it was a wonderfully exhausting trip.
It was a few days that felt like a month.
We crammed as much as we could into our time together.

Now, it's back to my regularly scheduled Judiland life.
Recovery and sleep is on the agenda.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: