Follow me.......





Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The party ended......







but the moments of our trip live on!!
(thanks to my cute little red camera)

Come on....let me share just a few with you this morning.
I'll share more tomorrow.....


We started off our escape from real life with a lovely wine drenched lunch just-for- 2 , languishing the time away at a wonderful little Italian bistro tucked away in a pretty little courtyard....
We had a private lunch.....just Carmen and I and the super talented chef!
Yes, we had the entire place all to ourselves.
It was an excellent and much needed gift of peace and pleasure.
Something I needed so much. Thank you Carmen.
The chef put together some of our personal favorite foods as Carmen and I leisurely sipped our soft Italian white table wine and talked about everything and nothing.
Antipasti of imported meats and cheeses and ceasar salad with anchovies for Carmen and eggplant parmesean for me. All of it magnificent!
Yes, it was an absolutely perfect way to spend a late summer afternoon and a truly special way to kick off an amazing little trip....


Here's another day.....another lovely lunch. A picturesque outdoor grill. Great clams, a yummy margarita, a cool breeze and nothing else to do but enjoy it all....After lunch, we decided to do a little sight seeing.....so pretty....But, then, all of a sudden.....I spotted a little Irish pub! And, you know....I'm a sucker for Irish pubs. I can't pass one up! So, we stopped by and had ourselves a little after lunch cocktail. We had seen enough sights for one day anyway....
This little Irish pub had some wonderful scenery itself (so I guess you could say we were sight seeing...).....a cute Irish bartender and some amazing stone shipped right to this little pub from the Mother Land!

The next morning, we left the mainland and set sail.....to Party Island....

More fun, more sights and lots more to tell.
Stop back tomorrow for more Stories (and pictures) From the Road.....

3 comments:

Darlin1 said...

You're my kind of girl.........so fun!

~Lisa~ said...

wonderful photos!! Looks like a GREAT time!

Jody V said...

Judi,

It looks wonderful! I think you're onto something sending Frank and I there!

Jody