Follow me.......





Wednesday, September 7, 2011

As promised.......









Next stop......PARTY ISLAND......

Here's the view from the Jet Express as we approached Put-in-Bay last Friday....it was very hot but beautifully sunny day. That must explain why we were so thirsty all day....

After we hopped off the boat....we decided we wanted to be like all the other islanders. So, we rented ourselves this little vehicle and off we went.....First stop.....a Tequila Sunrise. It's the Breakfast of Islanders.
When was the last time you had a Tequila Sunrise?
My last one was in college.
When I asked the cute bartender what was a good 3-hours-before -noon drink.....he didn't hesitate.....Tequila Sunrise.
Yes, I have to agree.... it was a lovely way to start my island day.By the time I was done with it, I swore to Carmen that Tequila Sunrises would be my new 9 am beverage of choice.....


After that, it was time for a little swinging.....at a cute little roadside beach hut bar. We found that we could only sit on the swings for a photo op. After drink #2, it's not such a good idea.
So, we moved to a table. The swinging was fun while it lasted....


After that....we zipped around a bit in our fancy little vehicle....visiting a few local attractions.....

Soon....it was time for lunch......at one of Carmen's all time favorite island lunch spots.....Goat Soup and Whiskey. I had the Perch Taco.....amazing. I washed it down with a yummy margarita.

After lunch.....we once again meandered along the island drinking in the culture....

We stopped at a quaint little rustic winery....

We visited a rollicking bar with some fun entertainment....

Where I met my all time favorite bouncer......she carded me at the door!
Then it was off to take in some wisdom....at a fun little Irish pub. Yes, I'm a girl who can't walk past one without stopping in for a taste....
Then, as the sun was setting on our island adventure....
It was time to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Island at night.....
So, we closed down a little winery......
Then, we headed down the road to top off the night.....
(yes there's always room for jello shots.....)

Then, before we knew it.....it was time to head back to the harbor to catch the midnight sailing of the Jet Express....
(Carmen with our new friends......a fun mother and daughter duo from somewhere in Ohio)

Stop back tomorrow....I'll share with you the more sophisticated part of our trip.....

2 comments: